Tis the season to be jolly – fa la la la laa la la la la. Isn’t this the most amazing time of year? I personally love the holiday season for so many reasons such as the incredible food, family gatherings, vacations, beautiful decorations, the joy, sleigh rides, hot chocolates, snow and so much more. But today I’m writing this post to convince you that selling real estate should be added to your list.
If selling your home during the holidays has never crossed your mind, today all of that will change!
Your time is valuable – so lets not waste any of it:
- Buyers at this time of the year are VERY serious! While there may be fewer buyers in general the ones that are actively searching are incredibly serious. In Calgary’s case this year we still have a backlog of buyers trying to get into the market.
- There are FEWER homes on the market during the holidays which means there is LESS competition for you as a seller. Less competition = more money! In Calgary’s case listings we have nearly 30% lower inventory than during a typical year, leading to even less competition!
- After the holidays, the supply of listings increases substantially, which lowers the demand for your home. More competition = less money.
- Your home shows better when decorated for the holidays. When we decorate for the holiday season we typically de-clutter our home to create room for the decorations and to allow our place to be “show worthy” to guests. A beautifully warm & inviting home creates the highest level of interest & price!
- Many buyers have more time to look for property during the holiday season, typically because of more time off work. As well partners have the ability to look together.
- If you are concerned about showing times during the holidays, no stress because restricted showing times are common due to the time of year.
- You can sell now for more money but not have to move physically until January or later.
- Buyers think there is less competition from other buyers during the holidays so they get out and enjoy the process much more! Better moods = better end results!
- Relocation buyers are still out there. Companies are not concerned about holiday time and continue to relocate at all times of the year. In Calgary’s case we continue to have the highest level of inter provincial migration in all of Canada and we continue to attract workers from all over the globe.
- Your photo’s, slideshows & virtual tours look better at this time of year! Better pictures creates more exposure, more viewings, and ultimately more offers.
And I’ll even add in an 11th
Calgary real estate has been hot all year – we continue to see multiple offers and short days on market! We don’t know how long this window will last but as a SELLER there hasn’t been a better time to sell in a very long time!
If you are interested to know what your home is worth in today’s market please contact me and I’d love to provide your FREE Home Evaluation Report!
Thanks again for listening…
Team Lead – Darren Langille Real Estate
Co-Founder – Redline Real Estate Group Inc
403 407 1900 – direct line